South Porch, Coventry Cathedral. Frank Tingey 1962
The medieval St Michael's Cathedral was blitzed by enemy action on 14th November 1940. The controversial Grade 1 listed new cathedral was designed by Sir Basil Spence and Arup and constructed, between 1956 and 1962, by Messrs. John Laing using Triassic Hollington sandstone. Frank’s 1962 sketch shows an interesting detail of the then recently completed south porch.